2014 Open Bass Tournament
**Online Registration is OPEN**
Saturday May 10th, 2014
7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
(Staggered start and finish times to ensure equal fishing time)
$10,000 Total Prizes
1st place prize: $5,100
Big bass prize: $1,000
Prizes 2nd - 10th place
$125 entry fee per boat. Registration limited to 100 boats. Two men per boat.
Registration meeting, dinner, and boat start position auction (Proceeds to "Coats For Kids") at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 9th, 2014 at Lawrence County Community Center (205 Bulldog Ln, Louisa, KY 41230).
If you have any questions, contact the Tournament Director between the hours of 8 a.m and 6 p.m.
Steve Dotson - Tournament Director - 606-794-1535
1) Winners must agree to submit to a polygraph examination upon request, which will be administered by an independent party following the weigh-in. All decisions based upon the results of the polygraph are final.
2) In the event of a negative test result, the team will be immediately disqualified and the next highest weight will be advanced accordingly.
3) Prize money will be awarded based on total weight of fish per boat. Any ties for total weight will be resolved by money added and split equally.
4) Largemouth, Smallmouth and Kentucky bass only.
5) All boats must be checked in with tournament officials at their fligh's assigned time (no later) at the designated location. This is a MANDATORY check in. Fish will not be weighed in if you do not check in with the officials at the check in location.
6) Weigh-in time verified when anglers check in. You will receive a time card for the actual weigh-in.
7) All bass must have minimum length of 15 inches – measured on Golden rule. Mouth closed and tail fanned or pinched.
8) All boats must be equipped with an operating aerated live well. All live wells must be checked prior to start.
9) FIVE (5) fish creel limit per boat.
10) Fishing waters off limits for following start of the pre-tournament meeting until the start of the tournament Field limited to 100 boats.
11) Artificial baits only. Pork strips allowed.
12) No trolling allowed. Maximum rod length 8 ft.
13) Starting times will be determined by a draw at the pre-tournament meeting. The meeting will be at the Lawrence Co Comm Center (205 Bulldog Ln, Louisa, KY 41230) next to Lawrence Co High School on FRIDAY MAY 9th - 6:00-8:30 p.m. Staggered start and finish.
14) Boats late for their predetermined weigh-in time will be disqualified.
15) At least one entrant must be 21 years of age.
16) Fishing not permitted within 50 yards from another competitors anchor.
17) Life jackets must be worn when gasoline engine is running.
18) All boats must have an operating “kill switch”.
19) One-pound penalty for a short fish. Dead, mangled or altered fish will not be weighed.
20) Any protests must be lodged in writing within 30 minutes of weigh-ins. All decisions by tournament committee are final.