The lubrication points (roller bearings) are located at the drive shaft between drive motor and fan impeller.
Bearing and sealing of fan drive shaft is normally done by means of a pillow block housing or a bearing unit. These must be permanently supplied with the specified amount of the right lubricant.
Blowers and fans are normally operated under exceptional conditions. Contaminants such as dust or pumped media are dispersed by operation of the ventilator. These can enter the bearing system, which leads to increased wear of individual components and a shorter service life.
- Contaminants (e.g. dust) in the air must not enter lubrication points
Regular lubrication of bearings and seals is essential for uninterrupted operation. Fan and blower lubrication points are often extremely dirty and hard to reach, which makes maintenance even more difficult. When manufacturer recommended lubrication intervals are not observed, the system will eventually fail as a result of lubricant starvation.
- Excessive overheating of bearing points due to lubrication starvation
- Lubricant must meet operating requirements (vibration/ oscillation, speed, operating temperature, load)
- Observing re-lubrication intervals (depending on bearing type, bearing size and ambient conditions)
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- perma lubrication systems seal lubrication points and protect against contamination
- Precise metering of lubricant amount reduces lubricant consumption
- Safe and continuous lubrication in areas with potentially explosive atmospheres
- Different lubricant volumes for exact adjustments to lubrication point
Direct mounting on the lubrication point:
e.g. perma CLASSIC / FUTURA / FLEX / NOVA
- Easy, quick mounting
- For lube-points with little vibration / shocks
- For easy-to-access, safe lubrication points
Remote mounting to the lubrication point:
e.g. perma STAR VARIO
- For lubrication points with strong vibration / shocks (isolation of lubrication system)
- When workers’ safety is at risk: Mounting in safe areas
- For hard-to-reach lubrication points
Blowers & fans
Blowers and fans are used in almost all key industries where they provide adequate amounts of primary and secondary air. Flue gas fans remove air containing dust, gases and other harmful substances. In primary air zones, induced draft fans are used in scrubbers, dust collectors, heat exchangers and desulfurization plants.