The pulp & paper industry is facing many new challenges: Increasing global competition, decreasing demand for certain types of paper due to digital media, rising energy costs, stricter health, safety and environmental policies. To meet these challenges, pulp & paper manufacturers must increase plant productivity and profi tability by cutting operating costs. perma lubrication systems can help with some of these challenges.
Area: Defibration Grinding Transportation, Thickening Application: Pulpers, electric motors Refiners, electric motors Pumps, electric motors
Area: Chipping, storing Cooking, washing Bleaching, drying Application: Belt conveyors, tumblers Pumps, wash presses Electric motors, dryers
Area: Water removal / screening Pressing, drying Spreading Application: Vacuum systems Pulpers, dryers Dryers, roll conveying systems
Finishing / refining
Area: Transportation Cutting Application: Chain conveyors Length and cross cutters
- Dust, dirt, moisture
- High speeds
- High maintenance costs, spread-out equipment with different lube-points
- Hard-to-reach lubrication points
- Rotating machine parts
- High temperatures
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- The use of automatic lubrication systems reduces personnel- and material costs and increases equipment service life.
- Simple installation and exchange of lubrication systems outside of dangerous areas increases workplace safety.)
- Individual and optimized lubrication of pulp & paper process equipment (lubricant, lubricant amount, lubrication interval).
- Continuous relubrication at short intervals reduces wear and seals lubrication points to prevent contamination from dust, dirt and moisture.
Direct mounting on lubrication point:
e.g. perma FLEX
- Easy, quick mounting
- For lube-points with little vibration / shocks
- For easy-to-access and safe lubrication points
Remote mounting to lubrication point:
e.g. perma STAR VARIO
- For lube-points with strong vibration / shocks (isolation of lubrication system)
- When workers’ safety is at risk: Mounting in safe areas
- For hard-to-access lubrication points