Pillow block housings with spherical roller bearings are mainly used for drive / guide pulleys.
Bearings and bearing housing seals must be permanently supplied with lubricant.
Large conveyor systems often extend over several levels and are difficult to access. Re-lubrication should ideally take place while the equipment is running.
Lubrication points are often neglected because they are located up high, around the back, or in places with little room to maneuver. Maintenance work in such areas during operation is extremely dangerous and jeopardizes workplace safety.
Lubrication starvation results in wear, which leads to failure of equipment components and reduces productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Dirt and water must not enter the lubrication points
- Optimal and regular lubrication with fresh lubricant during equipment operation
- No unnecessary equipment downtimes due to re-lubrication
- Workplace safety must be ensured
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- Lubricant seals lubrication points and prevents contamination
- Lubrication takes place while the system is running without interrupting the work process
- perma lubrication systems can be installed outside of dangerous areas (remote mounting) and actively contribute to accident prevention
- Precise lubricant discharge lowers lubricant consumption and thus the environmental impact
Direct mounting on the lubrication point:
e.g. perma CLASSIC / FUTURA / FLEX / NOVA
- Easy, quick mounting
- For lubrication points with little vibration / shocks
- For easy-to-reach, safe lubrication points
Remote mounting to the lubrication point:
e.g. perma STAR VARIO
- For lubrication points with strong vibration / shocks (isolation of lubrication system)
- When workers’ safety is at risk: Mounting in safe areas
- For hard-to-reach lubrication points
Functioning conveyors are essential for smooth process flow. Despite dirt, dust or strong vibration, optimal lubrication is necessary to prevent equipment failures. Equipment downtime, costly repairs and service calls make up a significant portion of the operating costs.